– Buyer focus, emissions reductions, renewable power growth plans, and extra coated
RICHMOND, Va., Nov. 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Dominion Power (NYSE:D) accelerated the execution of its clean-energy plans and elevated assist for purchasers and communities in 2020, the corporate stated in its newly launched Sustainability and Company Accountability Report, which could be accessed on-line at sustainability.dominionenergy.com.
“We aspire to be probably the most sustainable power firm within the nation,” stated Dominion Power Chair, President, and Chief Government Officer Robert M. Blue. “We’re hitting the correct milestones on the way in which to that objective: creating clear, renewable power and storage; constructing a extra various workforce and provide chain; bettering security; and investing in our communities to verify nobody is left behind.”
The report covers the corporate’s 2020 actions in key areas, together with:
- Creating the biggest offshore wind undertaking on this aspect of the Atlantic Ocean
- Proprietor of one of many largest photo voltaic portfolios amongst investor-owned utilities within the U.S.
- Investing in storage, hydrogen, and different clean-energy applied sciences
- Upgrading the grid to assist renewable power and enhance reliability even additional
- Largest renewable pure fuel initiative within the nation
Defending the Atmosphere
- Dedicated to internet zero carbon and methane emissions by 2050
- 43% lower in carbon emissions since 2005
- 32% lower in methane emissions since 2010
- 49% discount in water use per megawatt-hour since 2000
Serving Prospects & Communities
- $58.1 million contributed to social betterment, power help, social fairness and justice, and extra
- 63% improve in spending with various suppliers since 2016
- Rural broadband program to shut the digital divide
- 61,500 hours of volunteer work contributed by our staff
- Numerous hiring elevated 13.4 share factors, to 49.6%, since 2016
- Annual objective of 1 percentage-point improve in various workforce illustration met in 2020
- Hybrid distant work coverage adopted for the roughly one-third of staff capable of telecommute
- Continued enchancment in security, with OSHA recordable harm charge diminished 77% since 2006
Further sections of the report disclose environmental metrics; deal with the corporate’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic; element governance construction and danger administration; and supply indices that map to requirements from the World Reporting Initiative, the Sustainability Accounting Requirements Board, and the United Nations’ Sustainable Growth Objectives.
“This report underscores Dominion Power’s dedication to main the clean-energy transition and to holding ourselves accountable by being rigorously clear,” stated Government Vice President and Chief Working Officer Diane Leopold. “We consider actions converse louder, and this report demonstrates that we again up our guarantees by making actual progress.”
As a result of range, fairness, and inclusion proceed to play an more and more essential function at Dominion Power, this 12 months the corporate launched its first public report devoted solely to these points. That report could be accessed at www.dei.dominionenergy.com/.
About Dominion Power
Greater than 7 million clients in 16 states energize their houses and companies with electrical energy or pure fuel from Dominion Power (NYSE: D), headquartered in Richmond, Va. The corporate is dedicated to sustainable, dependable, inexpensive, and protected power and to reaching internet zero carbon dioxide and methane emissions from its energy era and fuel infrastructure operations by 2050. Please go to DominionEnergy.com to study extra.
SOURCE Dominion Power
For additional info: Media: Ryan Frazier, (804) 836-2083 or C.Ryan.Frazier@dominionenergy.com; Monetary analysts: David McFarland, (804) 819-2438 or David.M.McFarland@dominionenergy.com