– Crews have safely restored service to greater than 82% of the 400,000 clients affected
– Greater than 4,800 Dominion Vitality employees together with 900 mutual support employees engaged in restoration effort
– Crews ready for second bout of winter climate Thursday evening; clients ought to put together as nicely
RICHMOND, Va., Jan. 5, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Dominion Vitality Virginia has made sturdy progress restoring energy to round 330,000 of the almost 400,000 clients affected by the damaging winter storm, as of 5p.m. Wednesday. Crews are persevering with work in a single day to revive clients, with some outage restorations extending into Thursday. Preparations are already underway for extra inclement climate anticipated to maneuver by components of Virginia on Thursday evening.
Virtually 4,800 Dominion Vitality crews, help employees and contractors are engaged within the restoration effort together with roughly 900 mutual support employees from 9 states. Areas round Charlottesville and Fredericksburg have been notably affected by this occasion the place injury is probably the most extreme and highway circumstances are difficult and, in some circumstances, impassable. Crews will proceed restoration across the clock till all clients have service restored.
Estimated restoration occasions have been populated on particular person tasks. Essentially the most up-to-date info is on the market at www.dominionenergy.com or on the Dominion Vitality app.
Dominion Vitality encourages clients to organize now for the opportunity of extra energy outages from the subsequent storm. Timber and limbs already weighed down by moist snow may see extra snowfall and trigger extra outages. Much like preparations for Monday’s storm, crews are ready to securely and effectively restore any buyer outages ought to they happen. As well as, Dominion Vitality is making certain ample crews and sources will likely be obtainable for continued restoration efforts from the incoming storm.
For images and video, go to our web site: Multimedia | Dominion Vitality
“We respect clients’ persistence as our crews work to restore pockets of injury attributable to fallen bushes and energy strains,” stated Charlene Whitfield, senior vice-president of Energy Supply at Dominion Vitality Virginia. “The protection of our clients and crews is our primary precedence, and we are going to proceed to work across the clock till we’ve got restored service to each buyer.”
The corporate encourages clients to observe the climate and put together for any extra energy outages. Study how clients can put together.
To make sure the quickest response, Dominion Vitality asks that clients report their energy outages. The quickest option to report or monitor an outage is utilizing the Dominion Vitality app or on-line at DominionEnergy.com. Prospects may additionally name 1-866-DOM-HELP (1-866-366-4357) to report an outage.
Here is how clients can keep protected:
- Watch out for downed energy strains and do not forget that they could possibly be coated by snow. Assume they’re energized and harmful. Please stay at the least 30 toes away and make sure that others additionally keep away from the downed line. Virginia and North Carolina clients ought to name 1-866-DOM-HELP (1-866-366-4357) straight away to report a downed energy line.
- Guarantee turbines are correctly linked. Ensure they’re fueled, examined and linked in a well-ventilated space outside. Improper use of a generator could possibly be life-threatening for purchasers and crews working to revive energy.
About Dominion Vitality
About 7 million clients in 13 states energize their properties and companies with electrical energy or pure gasoline from Dominion Vitality (NYSE: D), headquartered in Richmond, Va. The corporate is dedicated to sustainable, dependable, inexpensive and protected vitality and to attaining web zero carbon dioxide and methane emissions from its energy era and gasoline infrastructure operations by 2050. Please go to DominionEnergy.com to be taught extra.
SOURCE Dominion Vitality