The VLC media participant is an open supply platform-neutral utility that lets you play movies in a wide range of codecs. In case your video has subtitles, the default settings ensure that the textual content is readable in most eventualities for most people. There could also be instances, nonetheless, the place the subtitles don’t work properly with the video they’re connected to — darkish coloured textual content, for instance, on a film that’s darkish loads of the time.
Fortunately, there’s a little-used characteristic that lets you change this, in addition to the dimensions, background, and different subtitle settings.
1. Within the VLC media participant window, click on Instruments.
2. Choose Preferences within the Instruments menu.
3. Go to the Subtitles / OSD tab to entry all of the obtainable preferences.
4. Test that the Allow subtitles checkbox is chosen.
5. Should you desire a selected font, click on on the Font drop-down menu and choose a Font aside from the default Arial font.
6. Click on on the Font dimension drop-down menu to see the obtainable choices.
7. Choose Auto from the drop-down menu. This selection routinely resizes the font primarily based on the VLC window dimension. Should you all the time watch a video in full display mode on an enormous display, chances are you’ll need to maintain the default.
8. If the present subtitles are usually not simply readable, click on on the Define thickness drop-down menu to alter the default.
9. Choose Thick from the drop-down menu for those who want extra readability.
10. Click on on the colour tiles to decide on colours aside from the default white and black for the textual content and the define. The default colours, nonetheless, are readable on most backgrounds.
11. Should you can’t see the colour of the subtitles towards the video background, add a checkmark towards Add a background choice. This may add a stable colour background to the subtitles.
12. If you need the subtitles to be in a selected place aside from the alignment choices provided, add a quantity to the Pressure subtitle place textbox. This place is not going to change primarily based on the dimensions of the VLC participant window.
13. When you’re performed checking and updating the preferences, click on Save.
Credit score: Microsoft